Your Registration Obligations In consideration of use of the services, you agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the service’s registration form (such information being the “Registration Data”) and (b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or the-artists.org has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, the-artists.org has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the services (or any portion thereof).
Member Conduct_You understand that all information, data, text, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials (“Content”), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated. This means that you, and not the-artists.org, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post or otherwise transmit via the services.
The following is a list of Content and Conduct that violates the Rules of Member Conduct - you may not use the Service to:
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous,defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable;
- harm minors in any way;
- solicit personal information from anyone under 18;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation, except in those areas (such as classifieds) that are designated for such purpose;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- talk or otherwise harass another;
- collect or store personal data about other users;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that provides instruction about illegal activities, including illegal drug use, child predation, terrorist activities, instructions in assembling or obtaining bombs or other weapons;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that encourages or promotes physical harm against any group or individual. This includes Content that encourages or promotes self-harm;
- interfere with or disrupt the Service or the servers or networks used to provide or receive the Service or disobey any requirement, procedure, policies and regulation of any networks used to provide and receive the Service;
the-artists.org disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, reliability, or operability or availability of information or material displayed in the the-artists.org results. the-artists.org disclaims any responsibility for the deletion, failure to store, misdelivery, or untimely delivery of any information or material. the-artists.org disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from downloading or accessing any information or material on the Internet through the the-artists.org.
THE the-artists.org SERVICES, AND ALL MATERIALS, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES INCLUDED IN THE-ARTISTS.ORG ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITH NO WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER. THE-ARTISTS.ORG AND ITS LICENSORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW ALL EXPRESS, IMPLIED, AND STATUTORY WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. THE-ARTISTS.ORG AND ITS LICENSORS DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES REGARDING THE SECURITY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, AND PERFORMANCE OF THE-ARTISTS.ORG. THE-ARTISTS.ORG AND ITS LICENSORS DISCLAIM, ANY WARRANTIES FOR ANY INFORMATION OR ADVICE OBTAINED THROUGH THE-ARTISTS.ORG. THE-ARTISTS.ORG AND ITS LICENSORS DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES FOR SERVICES OR GOODS RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED ON THE-ARTISTS.ORG OR RECEIVED THROUGH ANY LINKS PROVIDED BY THE-ARTISTS.ORG, AS WELL AS FOR ANY INFORMATION OR ADVICE RECEIVED THROUGH ANY LINKS PROVIDED INTHE-ARTISTS.ORG.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU DOWNLOAD OR OTHERWISE OBTAIN MATERIAL OR DATA THROUGH THE USE OF THE the-artists.org SERVICES AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF SUCH MATERIAL OR DATA.
SOME STATES OR OTHER JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE AND JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT the-artists.org SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF ARTIFOLIO HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE; (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE; OR (v) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE.
What is Modern Art?
For centuries artists enjoyed their place serving the Church, the aristocracy and current public conventions or tradition. Their handiwork decorated castles, stately homes and Churches with allegorical, mythological and religious subject matter. But towards the end of the 18th century things began to change. It was in fact the French Revolution of 1789 which caused the shift. The Modern era unfolded in its shadow. Under the mantra of liberty, equality and fraternity, society was irrevocably transformed. Art had become a subject like philosophy and was open to be discussed. Artists became self conscious and self reliant. They were no longer constrained by a preconceived style, subject matter or technique. They critically examined existing conventions and created new possibilities for art. From the late 18th century many artists and art movements arose which challenged traditional thinking about painting, It is widely believed that Modern Art began with the work of the Frenchman, Paul Cezanne. (1839 - 1906) . He built upon the new techniques developed by his predeccesors (like the Impressionists), and together with this tried to recapture a sense of order and clarity. His efforts opened the way for Cubism which reformed painting even more. Many more movements followed, all challenging and transforming the act of painting in their own way. By the late 1960's, and early 1970's artists began to experiment with new media, such as video and performance and moved away from painting. It is here then, where Modernism is said to have ended and a new era begun.
What is Contemporary Art?
Contemporary art is simply the art created in our lifetime. The subject matter explored is considered to be the most socially conscious,of any previous era. And the techniques employed reflect everyday life. Artists use video, multimedia, nature, music and more, to express their ideas.