show your artTake advantage of the reputation and the audience of the-artists.org. A reputation we build in more then 10 years, since 1998. Use our portal to promote artist and art. Millions of visitors a year are using the-artists.org website as an artportal: artlovers, large and small collectors, museumcurators, artgallery owners and exhibition organisers, artstudents, artists and arthistorians.
You can register as an artist, art student, art gallery or representive
Costs: Portfolio 35€ for a portfolio with up to 20 images; 35€ for a profile page. 60€ for a profile and a portfolio. Prices are for a 1 year subscription.
Contact “email@example.com” for subscription and further information. We build the portfolio and/or profile page for you. You just need to give us the information and images of the works you want to show.
- A profile and a portfolio page on the-artists.org website
- A portfolio of your work with information about you, your education, your exhibition history, experiences and anything you want to share with our visitors. Your page will become part of our portfoliodatabase. example
- A profile page with your portrait, personal info, art style/medium, links to other websites. Your page will become become part of artists database. example
- On your portfolio you can publish up to 20 images of your work.
- Place your YouTube video.
- Links to your website and/or gallery.
- Listing of your contact information
- Listing of your biographical information.
- We ask no commission on sales.
- We promote you in all major search engines.
What is Modern Art?
For centuries artists enjoyed their place serving the Church, the aristocracy and current public conventions or tradition. Their handiwork decorated castles, stately homes and Churches with allegorical, mythological and religious subject matter. But towards the end of the 18th century things began to change. It was in fact the French Revolution of 1789 which caused the shift. The Modern era unfolded in its shadow. Under the mantra of liberty, equality and fraternity, society was irrevocably transformed. Art had become a subject like philosophy and was open to be discussed. Artists became self conscious and self reliant. They were no longer constrained by a preconceived style, subject matter or technique. They critically examined existing conventions and created new possibilities for art. From the late 18th century many artists and art movements arose which challenged traditional thinking about painting, It is widely believed that Modern Art began with the work of the Frenchman, Paul Cezanne. (1839 - 1906) . He built upon the new techniques developed by his predeccesors (like the Impressionists), and together with this tried to recapture a sense of order and clarity. His efforts opened the way for Cubism which reformed painting even more. Many more movements followed, all challenging and transforming the act of painting in their own way. By the late 1960's, and early 1970's artists began to experiment with new media, such as video and performance and moved away from painting. It is here then, where Modernism is said to have ended and a new era begun.
What is Contemporary Art?
Contemporary art is simply the art created in our lifetime. The subject matter explored is considered to be the most socially conscious,of any previous era. And the techniques employed reflect everyday life. Artists use video, multimedia, nature, music and more, to express their ideas.