PWP Spring 2012 Women’s
International Juried Photography Exhibition
Professional Women Photographers (PWP) invites all women artists working with any photographic process to submit images. Submission deadline is January 31, 2012. The exhibition juror will be Mary Ellen Mark. The contest includes $3000 in cash awards; valuable prizes provided by Datacolor, global leader in color management solutions and color communication technology; a group show in Manhattan’s .NO gallery; an online exhibition and a feature article in IMPRINTS Magazine Spring/Summer 2012 issue.
Winners will be selected in each of the following four categories:
- The Human Experience (Portraiture, Street Photography, etc.)
- Our Earth (Landscape, Cityscapes, Animals, Nature, etc.)
- Travel (Any subject or genre, taken while away from home)
- Digital Imagination (Digitally enhanced images, including Composites, Montages, Abstracts, etc.)
EXHIBITION AND AWARDS:
Grand Prize: One photographer will receive $600, plus a Datacolor Spyder3Elite color calibration system and SpyderCube raw calibration tool ($279 value.) Her image will be the subject of a feature interview in the Spring/Summer 2012 issue of IMPRINTS Magazine. IMPRINTS, the official publication of PWP. Her image will also be in the .NO Gallery show and the online exhibition.
- First Prizes: 4 photographers (one in each category) will receive $300, plus a Datacolor SpyderCheckr camera calibration system ($129 value.) Their selected images will appear in an article in the Spring/Summer issue of IMPRINTS Magazine. Their images will be exhibited in the .NO Gallery show and the online exhibition.
- Second Prizes: 4 photographers (one in each category) will receive $200, plus a Datacolor SpyderLensCal ($59 value.) Their images will appear in an article in IMPRINTS Spring/Summer issue. Their images will be exhibited in the .NO Gallery show and the online exhibition.
- Third Prizes: 4 photographers (one in each category) will receive $100 plus a Datacolor SpyderCube ($49 value.) Their images will appear in an article in the Spring/Summer issue of IMPRINTS. Their images will be exhibited in the .NO Gallery show and the online exhibition.
- Jurors’ Selections: 15 additional images will be included in the gallery and the online exhibitions.
- Honorable Mention: 30 additional images will be included in the PWP online gallery exhibition.
ELIGIBILITY: This Call for Entries is open worldwide to ALL WOMEN PHOTOGRAPHERS; NON-MEMBERS AND MEMBERS OF PWP, AMATEUR AND PROFESSIONAL. PWP invites women photographers working in all mediums, styles and schools of thought to participate. Experimental and mixed techniques are welcome. Only 2-D work is eligible and images accepted for the gallery show must be limited in FRAMED SIZE to 20 x 24 inches.
The entry fee is $35 for the first three images. Additional images may be submitted for $10 each. The same image may be submitted to more than one category and there is no limit to the number of images submitted.
Mary Ellen Mark is an American photographer known for her photojournalism, portraiture, and advertising photography. She has had 16 collections of her work published and has been exhibited at galleries and museums worldwide. She is a contributing photographer to The New Yorker and has published photo-essays and portraits in such publications as LIFE, The New York Times Magazine, Rolling Stone, and Vanity Fair.
Ms Mark was presented with the Cornell Capa Award by the International Center of Photography in 2001. Among her other achievements are the Infinity Award for Journalism, an Erna & Victor Hasselblad Foundation Grant, a Walter Annenberg Grant, the John Simon Guggenheim Fellowship, the Matrix Award for outstanding woman in the field of film/photography, and the Dr. Erich Salomon Award for outstanding merits in the field of journalistic photography.
For complete prospectus, go to: http://pwponline.org/calls/individual.php?which=2011-11-28-1