is an international competition dedicated to visual art.
It was created in 2006, by the Italian Cultural Association MoCA (Modern Contemporary Art), with the purpose of promoting contemporary art and giving to talented people a network of opportunities: art residencies, collaborations with companies, exhibitions in art galleries and participations in international festivals.
It is open to artists from all over the world, regardless of age, and the subject can be chosen freely.
Every year the finalist artists show their artworks in a collective exhibition at the Arsenale of Venice, an exhibition that during the past edition attracted more then 20.000 visitors.
Arte Laguna Prize 11.12
The 6th Arte Laguna Prize is divided into 5 sections: painting, sculpture, photographic art, video art and performance, virtual art (dedicated to art created using pc softwares or smatphones/tablets applications) and reaches a total amount of 170,000 EUR divided into:
- collective Exhibition at Arsenale in Venice
- bilingual catalogue
- 5 money Prizes of 7,000 EUR for the winner artists, one for each section
- 6 Art Residencies: Glass School Abate Zanetti – Venice, Loft Miramarmi - Vicenza, Carlo Zauli Museum - Faenza, Art Stays - Slovenia, iaab – Basel, Technyimon India ARTresidency – India
- 2 Business for Art: STILE Original Design offers an award of 8,000 EUR and will develop an art project with the selected artist; another project will be offered by the jewelery company FOPE of Vicenza.
- 2 International Festivals: participations in Open in Venice and Tina B in Prague.
- 26 Personal Exhibitions in International Art Galleries:
The Arte Laguna Prize has created a circuit of international galleries to introduce the artists to the market of Contemporary Art. Each gallery will select an artist for organizing a solo exhibition.
An international panel made up of leading representatives of the international art world:
Prize Curator: Igor Zanti - Art Critic
Jurors: Alessio Antoniolli - Director Gasworks of London ; Chiara Barbieri - Publications Director, Peggy Guggenheim Collection; Gabriella Belli - Director MART of Trento and Rovereto; Ilaria Bonacossa – Freelance Curator; Soledad Gutierrez - Curator at MACBA Barcelona; Kanchi Metha - Curator Indian Pavillon Prague Biennale; Ludovico Pratesi - Director Centro Arti Visive Pescheria of Pesaro; Maria Savarese - Freelance Curator ; Ralf Schmitt - Director Preview Berlin; Alma Zevi - Art Critic.
Money prizes, art opportunities, connections with companies: the Arte Laguna Prize is a worldwide network focused on supporting emerging and already well-known artist, becoming a prestigious international showcase and a source of opportunities, and receiving a medal from the President of Italy as a acknowledgement of its efforts.
Visit our website: www.artelagunaprize.com